Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Frustrated!

This will quite possibly go down in history as my worst year ever! My own daughter has quit trying in school and is pleased to just get by. My husband tells me that "I'm perfect" and no one will ever be as good as me. (He was not being complimentary.) My daughters' teachers wouldn't know how to teach with out a teacher's manual in their hands.
There are too many worksheets and not enough thinking. There are too many people that believe money CAN buy happiness. There are too many people that have forgotten that we should all be respectful, responsible, caring, fair, trustworthy and a good citizen.
I'm tired of this society that values sports over academics. Everyone believes they or their son or daughter will be the next star player in the ____________professional league. Everyone believes they will get the corner office the day after graduating from college. Everyone believes that someone else will do the hard work so they can sit on the beach or hit a golf ball every afternoon.
I can see the Founders of this country rolling over in their graves seeing how this country has progressed. Capitalism is one thing, but greed is quite another.
I thought that when I had kids I could shield them from the immoral views of many in today's society. I realize now that no one is immune. The immorality of society, the greed and lack of respect has permeated every aspect of our communities.
I'm afraid that our country.....America....will crash. The people that will pick up the pieces will be those that chose to think and those that chose to work hard and those that do not live here.
It is a dismal world that we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment